GT 6

Posted by E_FRIZ4L on Wednesday, February 11, 2009



The most advanced COSM modeling engine ever created-complete with 30 amp models, plus all-new COSM Distortion/Overdrive Pedal Modeling and Wah Modeling.
Featured review by: twistedJESTER, on february 02, 2006
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Price paid: $ 319.89

Purchased from: Guitar Center

Ease of Use: This thing is awesome. I have been playing for about nine months now, both various kinds of metal and some '60s "new ageish" folk/metal (thats right, combined) stuff and thisthing can do it all and then more. It can play any style you want, metal, country, folk, punl, classic rock, or anything you can think up of on your own. It has everything you would ever need, distortion, chorus, reverb, delay, phaser, flanger, wah, tremelo, vibrato, it just goes on and on. It also has a freakin' sweet system where you can model amps, like a driven stack or oldschool blues tube amp. The version I bought didn't come with an owners manual, which is crappy due the bigillion functions this thing has. So I fixed that by downloading the manual off the internet at www.Boss.com and did a search for the owners manual, and got it right then and there. Now I don't know if that was just me, but I wrote that down just in case. Also I sould note that thy discontinued the GT6 and came out with the GT8 for $399 or $499, not really sure, but would try to get my hands on this bad boy before it goes away. // 8
Sound: Right now I am playing an Ibanez RG 321, which was great for its price, and a 15 watt Crate, but I plan to get a Fender FM212 100 watt soon, just need the money. It can have some unwanted feedback when you combine too many of the electronic features, or push teh volume too much directly on the system, but thats what the master volume knob is for on the amp. But if you don't get effects happy or push the system too hard, it sounds pretty good. But I can still get a hell of alot better distortion out of my Line 6 UberMetal petal, but that thing is top of the line hardcore. Other than that, the sound of the effects are pretty good. Also, it has a MIDI hook-up, and if you have a MIDI bank on your computer, you can get some crazy sounds like a piano or a squeeling pig if you have it. And if you don't its easy to get from a google search. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have not found anything wrong with it, and it is made out of mostly metal, with rugged pedals and knobs. I have droped it once on soncrete for arms length, and survived just fine. I haven't done a show with it due to the absence of being in a full fleged band, but it is defiently up to the task, without a backup, to due any show you throw at it. // 7

Impression: I play hippie/metal, but it would suit any guitar player out there, and does just fine from my crazy styles I randomly come up with like a flanged acoustic (very space rock) or a simple classic Overdrive with a fast slicer. I really hoped it came with an accutual owners manual, because the computer version is hard to follow and read. I love all the functions, but I don't like the distortion feature, I think that they could have doen better. I would bust a cap if it got stolen, and would try to replace it any way possible, but it is expensive (for good reason).

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment